ChapStick® can help you find the best tinted lip balm for your skin tone. That way, you can take care of your lips and make sure they look great, even when your day-to-day life is busy.
In addition to gliding on smooth to provide moisture for the delicate skin on your lips, our ChapStick® tinted lip balms go on evenly—highlighting your natural beauty and giving your lips a splash of color that helps enhance the way they look. What’s the difference between lipstick, lip butter and tinted lip balm?
These days, there seems to be more and more products for our lips. A lot of people wonder if lipsticks, lip butter and tinted lip balms are really all that difference, and they are, mostly because of the ingredients and what they do for your lips.
Lipsticks are typically wax-based and steeped with dye. They offer long-lasting staying power, meaning they don’t need to be reapplied often, and are available in a variety of finishes—such as matte, crème, satin, high-shine, and frost. Lipsticks are the most complex among lip butter and tinted lip balms. There is one big downside: lipstick can dry your lips out.
Lip butters are also wax based, but at the same time nourish lips and seal in moisture. Tinted lip butters can add color to your lips, although lips butters need to be reapplied often because of the higher amount of oil dye. While lip butters may look like lipsticks, they are typically medium to heavy coverage. Lip butters are best for those with dry lips.
Tinted lip balms have a gentle, soft base that’s infused with color and is similar to lip butter. They are usually clear and are used mainly for moisturizing lips. A tinted lip balm has color added to it and offer a simple way to moisturize your lips and still give them a different hue.
So, what does this all this mean? Simply, with the help of technological advancements and new ingredients, there are more formulas and options to best meet the needs of your lips.
The first step to picking the best tinted lip balm is to determine your skin's undertone.
You may not realize it, but most people fall into one of two categories: warm or cool.
Your skin's undertone is cool if:
- You have a pink, red, or bluish hue to your skin
- The veins in your wrist look blue
- Silver jewelry complements your skin
- Your skin tends to burn in the sun before getting a tan
- If this is you, choose a tinted lip balm with blue or purple undertones.
Your skin’s undertone is warm if:
- You have a yellow, golden, or olive hue to your skin
- The veins in your wrist appear green (versus blue)
- Gold jewelry complements your skin, or if you tend to tan easily
- If this is you, choose a tinted lip balm with fiery red, orange, coral and copper undertones.
Some people are neutral toned. That means you look good in both silver and gold jewelry. A wide spectrum of colors are complementary to people who are neutral toned. Try pink hues for pale skin, mauve shades for medium skin, and brighter berry colors for darker skin.
Find the eye-catching, attention-grabbing color that’s right for you by choosing from our wide selection of ChapStick® tinted lip balms:
- Moisture + Tint Coral Blush - best for skin with warm undertones
- Moisture + Tint Peachy Keen - best for skin with cool undertones and dark skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint Hello Bordeaux - best for skin with cool undertones and medium skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint House Red - best for skin with warm undertones and medium skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint Merlot - best for skin with warm undertones and medium skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint Pink Nude - best for skin with cool undertones and light skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint Rose Petal - best for all types of skin undertones
- Moisture + Sunset Nude - best for skin with warm undertones and medium skin with neutral undertones
ChapStick® tinted lip balms are made with 100% Naturally Sourced Ingredients, like Argan Oil and Avocado Butter. They have an advanced moisturizing formula with maracuja, rosehip & jojoba oils to provide long lasting moisture. Our tinted lip balms are phthalate-free and, of course, are not tested on animals.
Tinted lip balm with SPF.
Another aspect to tinted lip balm is SPF. Most people know they should wear sun protection on their skin, but it's also important to protect your lips. One often-overlooked part of your body that needs SPF is your lips. ChapStick® lines of lip balms with Moisture + Tint SPF makes it easy to give your lips the protect they need while adding appealing hint of color you want. And they come with the protection of SPF 15. Choose from:
- Moisture + Tint SPF 15 Peachy Keen - best for skin with warm undertones
- Moisture + Tint SPF 15 Pretty in Pink - best for skin with cool undertones and light skin with neutral undertones
- Moisture + Tint SPF 15 Very Berry - best for skin with cool undertones and medium skin with neutral undertones
Our lip balms are made with you in mind.
Now that you know how to determine your skin’s undertone, grab the tube of ChapStick® tinted lip balms that’s right for you and help you keep your lips looking and feeling their best.
Add hydration and eye-popping color to your lips—take a further look at our line of tinted lip balms.