Find out how to use lip scrub! Check out our guide to get the lowdown on lip scrub. Discover what it is, how it works, and why your lips will love it.
How to Use Lip Scrub
Taking care of your lips is important. In this guide, ChapStick® explains how to use lip scrub and give your lips the TLC they deserve! What is lip scrub exactly? Similar to body scrubs, lip scrubs are exfoliating formulas that help remove dead skin cells. Lip scrubs differ from body scrubs in that they are specially designed for the most vulnerable skin on your body—your lips. To use lip scrub, simply spread a small amount of your chosen lip scrub on your lips using one finger. Gently exfoliate by rubbing your lips together. After around 30 seconds, check your lips. If your lips look and feel better than before, wash off any remaining scrub with water. Voilà—you're on your way to soft, smooth, and hydrated lips!
Why You Should Be Using Lip Scrub
If you’re not using a lip scrub already, now is the time to start! Using a lip scrub helps you buff away dry skin to restore the smoothness and softness of your lips. Not only does an exfoliating lip scrub improve the appearance of your lips, it also helps improve the way your lips feel. You may notice that your lips more easily absorb other products, such as lip butter or classic lip balm, after you use an exfoliator as well. Lip scrub is a must-have if you love having soft, smooth lips.
How Often Should You Use Lip Scrub?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, how often you should exfoliate depends on your specific skin type.(i.) Gently exfoliating with a lip scrub once a day might be a good option if your lips if your lips tend to dry out and flake easily. On the other hand, you may find that exfoliating your lips once or twice a week is sufficient. If you’re unsure how often to use lip scrub, keep this in mind: your lips should never feel red, irritated, or raw after you use a lip scrub. If you’re experiencing any discomfort, you might be exfoliating too often or too harshly.
Lip Scrub Ingredients
Lip scrubs generally consist of two primary ingredients: a creamy, moisturizing emollient and a slightly grainy-feeling exfoliating agent. The exfoliating agent sweeps away dead skin cells to help make your lips smooth, while the emollient delivers much-needed hydration to condition and polish your lips. Lip scrubs can include a variety of ingredients from honey to sugar to olive oil to coconut oil and beyond. Depending on your personal preference, the ingredients in the lip scrub you choose can vary.
Lip Scrub Tips: Which Lip Scrub Is Best for You?
Here are some tips on how to use lip scrub from the experts at ChapStick®:
- Look for lip scrubs with ingredients you can trust. ChapStick® lip scrubs are made with 100% natural ingredients and are paraben free, phthalate free, and preservative free.
- Read the lip scrub label carefully and keep an eye out for any ingredients you’re allergic or sensitive too. Avoid any ingredients which may irritate your lips.
- Stick to a lip scrub schedule. Pick a time of day—either morning or evening—and a day of the week to exfoliate your lips. By setting aside designated time, you’re less likely to forget to do it.
- Remember to read the instructions. Lip scrub application may differ slightly from brand to brand—peruse the instructions to help ensure you understand how to use lip scrub properly.
- Be gentle. If you're exfoliating too vigorously, you may irritate your lips and cause more redness and flaking than you had before. Use soft, gentle movements when you apply your lip scrub.
- Follow up your lip scrub with a moisturizing formula, such as lip balm or lip butter, to help restore hydration and give you healthy & youthful looking lips ASAP.
Explore ChapStick® Lip Scrubs
Discover ChapStick® lip scrubs. Made with 100% naturally sourced ingredients, our exfoliating scrubs help you achieve soft, beautiful lips. Our conditioning lip scrubs are paraben free, phthalate free, and not tested on animals. Find ingredients in our lip scrubs that you’ll love, like coconut oil, peppermint, vitamin E and more.
Treat yourself to the sweet yet subtle Sugar Plum Lip Scrub from Chapstick®, or give one to someone else as a gift. If you like the beach, try our Sea Minerals Lip Sugar Scrub. Our sea mineral complex combines oceanic ingredients like blue sea kale, a marine flower extract, and sea algae to help your lips feel and look their best. Sea ingredients are naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Use Sea Minerals Lip Sugar Scrub for smooth, hydrated lips with improved texture.
We hope you found this guide on how to use lip scrub helpful. If you're interested in incorporating a lip scrub into your regimen, ChapStick® lip scrub collection is a great place to start.